10 Most Memorable Quotes From Yankee Great Yogi Berra
He was a legend on the field, a master of one-liners off the field, and he will be fondly remembered for both. Here are 10 of the most memorable quotes from New York Yankee great Yogi Berra.
Berra died of natural causes Tuesday at his New Jersey home at the age of 90.
On the field, Yogi Berra helped the Yankees to 10 World Series championships, was a three-time Most Valuable Player, and played in more World Series games than any other player.
But, it was off the field where Berra etched a place in history in the minds of baseball fans - and non-fans alike- with his often times profound and sometimes bizarre one-liners.
Here are 10 of Yogi Berra's most memorable quotes.
- “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
- “You can observe a lot by watching.”
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”
- “Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.”
- “Pair up in threes.”
- “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
- “I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.”
- “I never said most of the things I said.”
- “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
- “It ain’t over till it’s over.”